Fees and Charges
Service Fees – $378.00 per month ($87.23 per week) (Until 30 June 2017 when adjusted)
Covered in the service fees are:
- Maintenance and upkeep to grounds, gardens and common areas
- Building insurance (Including the Community Centre and individual resident homes) and public liability insurance
- Maintenance and monitoring of 24 hour emergency call system
- External property maintenance and repair
- Rates and taxes
- Public lighting
- Administration and staff costs
- Costs associated with Village Bus
- Access and use and maintenance of all facilities
- Council Rates Contribution of $15.92/week (of the $87.23/week) and subject to Council Rates increases advised by Council and based on Council Accounts charged to the Resort.
What’s not included:
- Contents Insurance for your personal effects
- Electricity and gas usage
- Individual telephone costs
- Costs as chosen for Pay TV and Internet Connection/Usage
a. As like any other Retirement Village, there is a deferred management fee that is applicable on sale of the home.
On vacation of the home, the resident will receive the new incoming purchase price, including any capital appreciation, minus the deferred fee.
If a Resident decides to leave within the 1st year the Deferment Fee is calculated at 9%. This rate increases at 3% per year after that up to 9 years until it reaches a maximum of 33% and then no further increases.
b. Administration Fee – to cover the costs of advertising and sale of the home on resident’s behalf if you choose to select the Hume Country Estate Retirement Resort as your selling authority. This equates to 2.5% of the resale figure.
c. Refurbishment Costs – any costs involved in refurbishing the home internally so it can be re-sold for the maximum price.
Please consider the following:
Our Fees and Charges are currently set at $87.23 per week (as per attached summary)
If you were to NOT move into the Hume Country Estate Retirement Resort you would still be paying for the following living expenses (now included in the weekly Service Fee)
- Albury City Council Rates including the General and Water Rates, on average at $2,273.00 per annum (being say $49.49 per week)
Cost of the Average Home Building Insurance at $450.00 per annum (being say $8.66 per week)
- Another saving will be the cost of power/electricity due to a greatly reduced rate being negotiated with Network Energy. This rate is 20% less than what you are probably paying NOW. This could provide a weekly saving of say, $7.70 per week.
NET EXTRA WEEKLY COST OVER YOUR CURRENT WEEKLY COST IS $21.38
Don’t forget some of the main reasons for joining us at the Hume Country Estate Retirement Resort are the LIFESTYLE BENEFITS:
- No lawns to mow (someone else to do this on your behalf)
- FREE use of Community Centre facilities (for you and your family)
- Free Bus service to Albury and Lavington Shopping Centres
- Free use of Gym and Indoor Pool
- Emergency Call System
- No External Home Maintenance
- Fellowship with other Residents
Just to name a few…